Yes, but I don't want to may this object Serializable - is this Tomcat specific? I
have plenty of other objects in session but they don't have these errors thrown??
Cheers, ADC
-- snip --
When tomcat persists sessions, it will try to serialize all objects stored in your
sessions to disk. In order to be successful, all the objects must be serializable.
In this example, the class com.comp.newmedia.intranet.iq.dto.myiq.mylinks.Link is not
serializable - it does not implement the Serializable interface.

Vitor

-- snip --

Allistair Crossley wrote:
Hi,

I quite often but not always get a huge stack trace thrown when Tomcat boots up the
top part of which is the following. I'm not sure why it thinks it needs to be loading
anything to do with my bean here from persisted sessions. Is that a setting that I
have switched on that I need to switch off? Like I say, only happens on every 3rd or
4th reboot (development instance) and it does not stop TC5.0.18 working either.

        SEVERE: IOException while loading persisted sessions:
java.io.WriteAbortedExcept
        ion: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException:
        com.comp.newmedia.intranet.iq.dto.myiq.mylinks.Link
        java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException
        : com.comp.newmedia.intranet.iq.dto.myiq.mylinks.Link
               at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1278)
               at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
               at java.util.LinkedList.readObject(LinkedList.java:702)
        java:39)

        Cheers ADC

QAS Ltd.
Developers of QuickAddress Software