Hi Tony,
I have just installed Tomcat on my Mandrake 9.1 box.

I have the Power Pack, which offers the Java RE 1.4.1 and, at the beginning, I
installed it by the drake tools.

First of all, I noticed that the JAVA_HOME point to /usr/lib/j2re1.4.1_01/bin (and
this is uncorrect for Tomcat, because it refers to /bin subdirectory).

Moreover, because I need to develope some JSP, I installed the J2 SDK 1.4.2,
downloaded from the SUN site. I installed Java SDK as stated in the SUN html pages and
overwrite the old JAVA_HOME with a new one
pointing at my j2se1.4.2 directory.

Now all works fine :-)

By

Giuseppe