----------
De:     Stefan Burkard[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Responder:      Tomcat Users List
Enviada:        quinta-feira, 5 de fevereiro de 2004 9:18
Para:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Assunto:        Re: encoding-problem with tomcat, jk2, apache

hi folks

ok, i've found a tool that shows the whole http-header of my requests:

if i connect directly on tomcat (port 8080) there is a content-type-attribute in the header that says just "text/html".

if i connect via apache/mod_jk2 the attribute has the data "text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" what is completely wrong. it should be utf-8, not iso-8859-1.

cocoon automatically inserts the code

so the resulting question: why has apache/jk2 the wrong encoding? is there a default-encoding that is used if nothing other is specified?

greetings
stefan

Yansheng Lin wrote:

Hi Stefan, you figured out this problem yet. I would like to know what

was

causing the problem:). Did you take a look at the header? Compare the

headers

generated when running tomcat standalone with running apache-tomcat to

see the

difference. (I used a Encoding Filter for my i18n application, so far

all the

development had been done on a localhost).

Good luck!

-Yan