Correction it is 4.1.28 not 4.1.18... sorry..

John B. Moore wrote:

Moved up to Tomcat 4.1.18 (from 3.x) and I've seemed to have lost the
ability to see stdout statments in the log files.. In addition my
Log4j loging output failing to appear. (another issue, but maybe
related..)

what is most puzzling at this point is that basic

System.out.printlin("some text here...");

..does not appear ANYWHERE!!! An obviously I need to resolve this
issue first.. (as it may provide some hints as to what is happening to
the configuration of Log4j..since I use basic out.println to debug the
various configuration settings. )

I'm assuming/hopping I need to turn something on... (that was
formerly default on in the previous version I was using)

I added a SystemOutLogger to both the Host context and the specific
webapp context.. nada.. (all that did was log stuff that was already
showing up)..

what is interesting is that when I use Tomcat "IN" JBuilder (version
4.1.27) all the logging shows up and all the expected log files show
up.. Looking at the server.xml that is generated by JBuilder I can
not see that it is setting anything "special"... obviously something
is different.

So.. anyone have any ideas as to how to surface the output of the
basic "System.out.println"...???

Any clues as to what I can try next is appreciated..

John..