Shapira, Yoav wrote:
Howdy,

Under Tomcat 5.0.18 with servlets compiled with 1.5 beta, I get an odd
message, and  the servlet won't load.  When the same servlet is compiled

with 1.4.2 it runs fine.

I suggest rebuilding tomcat with 1.5 beta if you want to run servlets compiled using 1.5 beta. I'm not even sure my suggestion will work, as I haven't tried it myself. There has not been a tomcat release declared to support JDK 1.5 yet, although you're welcome to do building and testing for us ;)

There's a small glitch: j-t-c/util wants to be compiled JDK 1.1 compatible, which apparently the new compiler cannot do anymore. So you'll have to hack the build script a bit for now.
Tomcat runs very well on JDK 1.5 (and you should be able to enable all the fancy JMX remote features). Testing has shown it was about 10% faster, and used a little less memory (5% less) for the "out of the box" Tomcat.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat