Only for port redirection you don't need to buy any hardware.
If you are running tomcat inside a linux box, you can configure iptables to do the port redirection. Everything via software, no hardware.

Vitor

David Wall wrote:

We run Tomcat on 8080 using Cisco Routers for port redirection.
Nobody has to type in a port number.

Well, I agree that would work for everyone who just buys some hardware to give the illusion of using port 80. Of course, running tomcat on port 80 itself would be nice if anybody knows if/whether JSVC can mimick the "-security" argument of catalina.sh.

And the best part is that we're happy to know that some more heavily used
production sites are using TC 5, which was the original question and
interest!

David