Hi!

Eric Prévost wrote:
I'm using Tomcat 5.0.18 on Linux.  My database server is Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
I'm using Microsoft's JDBC driver.
When I stress-test my application with JMeter, I can see over 80 connections on my
database server, and they are not
released until I stop tomcat...  Is removeAbandoned parameter not supposed to take
care of these connections???

I am not entirely sure here, so please correct me, if I'm wrong, but...

you are using dbcp, right? So, isn't the pool _supposed_ to reuse open connections instead of closing them and reopening anew for each request?
I think what you should do is choose a reasonable max number of connections and then stress-test while look for a dbcp exception indicating that no new connection could be acquired. If you get one, either removeabandoned is not working properly, of (more likely) your application keeps a hold on connections that therefor are not concidered abandoned. If you don't get an exception, you can be quite sure you will never see more connections than you specified.

HTH

Phil