You have the EBook context nested inside the default (ROOT).

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Ford [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 11:50 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: jsp deployment

from server.xml (minus realm, user database resource and a couple of
extraneous contexts):

    <!-- Service -->
    <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

        <!-- Port 8080 Connector -->
               port="8080"
               minProcessors="5"
               maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true"
               redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="100"
               debug="0"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               useURIValidationHack="false"
               disableUploadTimeout="true" />

        <!-- Apache Connector (mod_jk) -->
               port="8009"
               minProcessors="5"
               maxProcessors="75"
               enableLookups="true"
               redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10"
               debug="0"
               connectionTimeout="0"
               useURIValidationHack="false"

protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"/>

        <!-- Engine -->
        <Engine name="Standalone"
                defaultHost="localhost"
                debug="0">

            <!-- Engine logger (catalina_log.txt) -->
                    prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
                    timestamp="true"/>

            <!-- Host (localhost) -->
            <Host name="localhost"
                  debug="0"
                  appBase="webapps"
                  unpackWARs="true"
                  autoDeploy="true">

                <!-- Host logger (localhost_log.txt) -->
                        directory="logs" prefix="localhost_log."
                        suffix=".txt"
                        timestamp="true"/>

                <!-- ROOT context -->
                <Context path=""
                         docBase="ROOT"
                         debug="0"/>

                <!-- EBook context -->
                <Context path="/EBook"
                         docBase="EBook"
                         debug="0"
                         reloadable="true"
                         crossContext="true">

                   <!-- EBook logger (localhost_EBook_log.txt) -->
                        prefix="localhost_EBook_log."
                        suffix=".txt"
                        timestamp="true" />

                </Context>
                </Context>

                <!-- examples context -->
                <Context path="/examples"
                         docBase="examples"
                         debug="0"
                         reloadable="true"
                         crossContext="true">

                    <!-- examples logger (localhost_examples_log.txt) -->
                    <Logger
className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
                            prefix="localhost_examples_log."
                            suffix=".txt"
                            timestamp="true"/>

                </Context>
            </Host>
        </Engine>
    </Service>
</Server>

Webapp's web.xml (complete):

<!DOCTYPE web-app
   "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>

<!-- Java version of ebook generating utility. -->
<web-app>

   <display-name>Cat's Eye EBook Builder</display-name>
   <description>
      EBook generator web application
   </description>

   <servlet>