Howdy,

>Now I am really confused. I also have the same problem under Linux (
White
>Hat Enterprise - not sure of version number.. )

This is good, in that it's more consistent.

>This raises the obvious question of 'am I setting the url-pattern
>correctly?' I would assume that it would be possible to set a pattern
that
>narrows the field more than simply a plain wildcard '/*' ... is this
right?
>As I said, it works fine on Widnows 2k ...

Yes, it's possible to set the filter-mapping url-pattern to something
more complex than /* ;)  See the Servlet Specification SRV.11 for the
exact specification.  I personally have used /*, /foo/*, *.do (the
classic Struts mapping), and specific servlet-name mappings instead of
url-pattern, for filters successfully with tomcat 5.x.

>As a simple and reproducable example, I am using the supplied
>'NtlmHttpAuthExample' servlet with jCifs0.8.0. Under Unix, if I set a
>filter
>mapping that is specific, I can't get the expected parameters from the
>request object, but under Widnows I do. Very odd.

As a sidenote, NtlmHttpAuth is NOT a simple example.  Pick or write
something very trivial.  Someone was complaining earlier about a bug
with POST request parameters when using NtlmHttpAuth.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.