Tim,

Thanks. I went to the JSP 2.0 spec and they recommend using ".jspf". Here's what they
say ( for any that might beinterested ):

--- SNIP BEGIN ---
( What Is a JSP Page 1-7 JavaServer Pages 2.0 Specification)

By default the extension .jsp means a top-level JSP file. We recommend, but do not
mandate, to differentiate between top-level JSP
files (invoked directly by the client or dynamically included by another page or
servlet) and statically included segments so that:

. The .jsp extension is used only for files corresponding to top level JSP files,
forming a JSP page when processed.

. Statically included segments use any other extension. As included segments were
called 'JSP fragments' in past versions of this
specification, the extension .jspf was offered as a suggestion. This extension is
still suggested for consistency reasons, despite
that they are now called 'jsp segments'.
--- SNIP END   ---

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

 - Richard