From: Web master [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 5:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Question about configuration

I never used Win2K, but let us see, if i can help.

First you down load everything  fresh.(Tomcat and JDK)
you have update two variable in your environment
JAVA_HOME=c:\jdk1.3
TOMCAT_HOME=c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1 (or what ever directory you have)
You can set it through the control panel.

Now go to tomcat bin directory

in my example it would be
c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin\
and execute startup.bat ie

c:\>cd c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin\
c:\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin>startup

Now this should bring in another ms dos prompt. that will be java
console. You need not worry about it at this time

Now lanch your browser and put the following url and it should show the
tomcat home page.
http://localhost:8080/

If you can see the tomcat home, then you are ready to make change to
lanch your application. If you can not see tomcat homebase, we have to
fix your configuration before continuing...