you need to configure your HelloWorldServlet in webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Gross [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 2:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: 5.0.19. [Newbie] Why it doesnt run my HelloServlet

Hi. I am new to j2ee app server technology (although I wrote my own
non-j2ee rmi version, until I realized that I am not so smart after all, and
gave-up on re-inventing the wheel) and decided to take a quick into tutorial
at:
http://www.coreservlets.com/Apache-Tomcat-Tutorial/ .
I followed it to the tee, and although it runs jsp's just fine, I cannot get
to load the sample HelloServlet, it returns 404. I copied the tutor's
server.xml but to no avail. I have the HelloServlet.class in the
\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes directory.
Should I discard this convenient methodology and just build and deploy
complete apps?
Thank you all;
-nat
I attched my conf/server and conf/web xml files. I don't know how your email
receives this. If not appropiate, please excuse. Thank you.

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---