hi
excuse me, can you tell me can i unsubscribe from this mailig list
thanks a lot
----- Original Message -----
From: "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2004 5:43 PM
Subject: RE: serving binary files

Howdy,

>Does anyone have a suggestion on how to server binary files through
tomcat?
>I am creating a binary file as a result of a request and would like to
let
>the user download it. Just setting mime type and passing through as an
>attachment doesn't work as write methods of the writer seem to truncate
>upper bits of the data.

This is not specific to tomcat, it's basic servlet writing.  If you're
outputting binary data, don't use the writer obtained from
HttpServletResponse#getWriter.  Instead, use the output stream obtained
from HttpServletResponse#getOutputStream.  Then setting the mime type
will be sufficient.

>Any useful suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

And useless suggestions? ;)

Yoav Shapira

sender.  Thank you.