Problem: I call native code (Tcl) from my servlet. Tcl's thread model forces me to run Tcl only on the thread that created the Tcl interpreter. So now how do I cleanup these interpreters? The cleanup code needs to be run on the creating thread.

I am using Tomcat 5.

Do servlet threads ever die besides during shutdown? If not, I may have no problem.

Can I register a listener to be invoked on the thread before it shuts down? A Tomcat-specific answer is fine.

Suggestions very much appreciated.

Ken Cox