Hi,
I'll preface this by saying I'm not a JSP expert and don't use them
frequently, so I could be wrong.  That said, the JSP Specification v2.0
(which tomcat 5.x implements: tomcat 4.1.x implements the JSP
Specification v1.2), section JSP.5.4 (page 1-110), explains the
differences between the two styles and suggests that "style 1" is not
valid (unless of course you have params inside the include element).

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.