Leon,

I'm new to tomcat and am trying to run a very simple hello world type of
servlet.  I've configured the web.xml to mimic a similar servlet in tomcat
examples.  Still while all the example servlets from tomcat work mine fails
to run.

I receive the following message:

HTTP Status 404 - /MyApp/servlet/Testing

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

In the newer versions of Tomcat, the 'invoker' servlet is disabled by default. The best way to get your servlet running it to create a <servlet-mapping> element in your web.xml and then use your mapped URL to access the servlet (instead of using a URL like /context/servlet/ClassName).

-chris