From: Frank Burns [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2004 5:07 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Can't access session id

I need to access the session id from within a JSP and pass it, explicitly,
to a Flash-based client.

I am using the following code fragment as part of my JSP, but the value
returned for the session id is always blank.

Am I doing something wrong?

<[EMAIL PROTECTED] contentType="text/xml" session="true" %>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"; %>
 <myResponse>
    <sessionId>
        session id = <c:out value="${sessionScope.id}" />
    </sessionId>
</myResponse>