Hi *

I'm new to tomcat but I'm still trying to get this running under Apache.

Ok, tomcat standalone is running perfect with http://localhost:8080
without having me changing any file anywhere.

After that I tried to get it running from within Apache.
For that I learned, I need "mod_jk2.so" which I compiled and installed
successfully
        (I used --with-apxs2 / --with-tomcat41 / --with-jni to configure)

- the modules (mod_jk2, jkjni.so) are copied into
/usr/local/apache2/modules.
- the httpd.conf is modified accordingly
        LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so
        JkSet config.file /usr/local/apache2/conf/workers2.properties

So far so good, I can see from the web-server logs and the web-server
environment
that everything was successful.
But for some reason I can't get anything running from here (jsp, servlet).
Of course I read almost everything from the jakarta.apache.org page but
unfortunately
each description is missing something.
I couldn't find any straight forward HOWTO which works for the standard
installation !
All the examples will lead to an error !!!

Does someone have a set of the following files
        jk2.properties
        workers2.properties
        server.xml
        web.xml
which I can just copy to my system to get at least some output !!
Anything but an error would be highly appreciated !!
If there's any change needed to httpd.conf please post this as well !!

Thanks in advance !

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
Swen Schillig
IBM Germany, Mainz - AIS Storage Subsystems - 0A156
Phone
  Internal : *122-2805
  External : +49(0)6131-84-2805
  Mobile : +49(0)172-7344938