> I've started using Tomcat 3.2.1 on Win 2k very recently. I've
> been doing
> some small applications and had no problems, so far.
> Today, when I started to refresh the servlet page, after a
> couple of times,
> the tomcat is automatically shut down and a window appears saying, "
> Java.exe has generated errors and closing the application.
> You will need to
> restart the program. An error log is being generated."
>
> what might be the problem? Is there a way to automatically
> start Tomcat as
> soon as it has been shut down?
> Any sort of clues are very much appreciated.

Not exactly sure what could cause this in W2K but you could always
write a small c/c++ program that would run as a service automatically
and poll the tomcat server periodically and restart the service if
necessary.

What does the error log say?

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!