I asked the question earlier and never received a response, so I'll try again!

We have a JSP app that's currently running in JRun 2.3.3 (JSP 1.0
compliant).  When we refer to different directories within the app, we
always preface with the "context" name, or really the top-level virtual
directory.  So if you want a common file, you do this:

<jsp:forward page = "/CpsAdmin/Common/loginForm.jsp" />

The problem is that, testing under Tomcat, this doesn't work.  It tries to
prepend the context name onto the path, so that this becomes
/CpsAdmin/CpsAdmin/Common/loginForm.jsp.

My questions are:

* Is this part of the JSP 1.1 spec?  It flies in the face of conventional
usage of path names across the board, i.e. anything that starts with '/'
means you go to the top-level of the server hierarchy.  What's the rationale?

* Is there anyway to change this and make Tomcat do the "right" thing, i.e.
see '/' as the server root?

* Does this also mean that you can't call across contexts?  That is, we
produce our tools as separate items, since customers may install some
pieces and not others.  But if two tools are installed, they can work
together and then would need to call across contexts.  I can think of no
good reason why this shouldn't be permitted, but based on this behavior, it
does look as if it would.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!  Getting this worked out will help save
me a TON of time porting over our apps!

Rick Herrick, AKA [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In zero gravity, nothing is amusing.
PGP: http://www.rickherrick.com/pgpkey