Hi remy,

there will be a delay in the graph, depending on the timer interval and response time.
I'll test the graph component by itself and profile it.  When I decrease the timer
interval to 400ms, it works quite nicely.  what's the specs of your machine.  So far
I've only tested it on m laptop.

if you get a chance to try it against the nightly jboss, I'd love to hear how it went
:)

peter lin

Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Peter Lin wrote:

> Latest screen shot http://cvs.apache.org/~woolfel/alpha-mon-cap.png
>
> http://tao.altern8.net/jmeter-mon.zip
>

> I've tested it quite a bit today. This weekend I plan to run a
> long-ish test and let the monitor run for 48+ hours to see if memory
> consumption grows. So far for short durations 30 min, the memory
> usage remains flat. What it is capable of doing.
>
> 1. monitor multiple servers a. add new thread group with 1 thread b.
> add constant timer c. add config element -> authentication d. add
> http sampler e. check "use as monitor"
>
> 2. it will display the health of the servers in the "Health" tab
>
> 3. it will display the "heart beat" a.k.a performance history
>
> 4. you can stop and clear the results
>
> I tried to get all the bugs out I can. I'm hoping people will give it
> a try. Especially those who have a staging environment with many
> servers or people working on clustering. to use it, you need to be
> using a nightly snapshot of TC5 from this week.
>
> As usual, send all comments to me directly.

Good :)
There's a problem: the path to Java is hardcoded in the .bat script. You
should use JAVA_HOME instead, I think.

It works well enough otherwise, but I dont understand what the "memory
graph" represents ? The percentage of free mem ? (in which case the load
should increase when it goes down)
I found the graph page to be quite slow to display (and made my computer
sluggish - obviously my setup wasn't optimal as everything was running
on one machine: TC, ab and JMeter), could this be improved a bit ?
I think this will work with JBoss as well, but not with the current JB
3.2.4-RC1 (which includes TC 5.0.19). The next releases (incl JB 4 DR 3)
will have all the needed fixes to XML output.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rémy Maucherat