Hi,

I don't know if this would fit into the env. you're developing but I think I would suggest using log4j, because there you can send different messages to different appenders, one of those being emailing appender.
I once implemented a monitoring thread that used this way of comunicating problems both to logfiles and emails.

I think the Tc-monitor you're working on will be a great addition to the tomcat env. I must admit that I have not been testing it out, since I've got no tc5.x running yet, but I will take it for a spin soon, and of course send feedback.

-r

Peter Lin wrote:

So far I've only gotten feedback from 2 people on the monitor. If anyone else has comments, suggestions or ideas, please email me.

I ran the monitor for 50 hrs over the weekend and memory usage was constant. My next step is to implement email alerts. If you have ideas or thoughts on this, I'm listening.

peter lin

Do you Yahoo!?