Cindy,

If this is a problem for you, turn reloading off in your context.xml and use the manager app's Reload command instead. This command can be executed either through hitting a URL, using the manager html pages, or (best) through an Ant command. Doing this means the reload only happens when you request it. It's a standard way to do things.

Alternately, change the interval at which reload checks happen (I don't use this, so I don't know where this is set). If you double the reload check time, you should halve the number of time you have the problem (and double the average wait for a reload).

In short, use the manager. :)

justin

At 09:23 AM 3/16/2004, you wrote:
At 08:00 PM 3/15/04 -0500, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>Run Plugin:"c:\eudora\attach\Re delaying context reload.ems <0880.0002>"

Hi Chris,

No, I'm not using Ant (yeah, yeah, I know I should...) This is my local development machine where I have WEB-INF/classes set as my output directory when I compile. This has worked fine, but as things have become more complex the server reload has started to beat the compile. I was just hoping to find a way to delay the reload a few seconds. Since none of the responses I recieved offered a solution, I guess I should assume that this is not possible with this version of Tomcat.

BTW. I couldn't open your PGP signed message and had to read it in the archive.

Cindy

Justin Ruthenbeck
Software Engineer, NextEngine Inc.
justinr - AT - nextengine DOT com