Hi,

>So if price was not a consideration, which would you go with?

OptimizeIt.  But my view is skewed in that I've been using OptimizeIt
for years and have naturally become adept at it.  I don't think
OptimizeIt and JProbe are much different from each other, both are
excellent.

I think the free ones in the link I sent before by and large have a LONG
way to go.  I've been waiting for a full-featured and fast open-source
profiler for years ;(  I think perhaps with the new low-overhead
JVMPI/DI/whatever interfaces in JDK 1.5, we'll finally see a nice
open-source profiler.  <crossing fingers />

Yoav Shapira

Tomcat

>Hi,
>
>>Just wondering what you think is the best "App for Finding Memory
leaks
>in
>>WebApps running on Tomcat"
>>

>>Is Jprobe the consensus?
>
>Far from it.  OptimizeIt and JProbe are probably the leaders among the
$$$
>options with equal popularity.  I like OptimizeIt better but both are
good.

>There are free alternatives as well, see
>http://www.manageability.org/blog/stuff/open-source-profilers-for-java
>
>Yoav Shapira

>proprietary
or