Rick Lutowski wrote:
> Probably not the problem.

Okay, but you still haven't told us what URL gives the 404.  That you're
getting a 404 means that Tomcat cannot map the URL you're providing to
anything it has to offer.

>         <Context path="/ship_pix" docBase="ship_pix" debug="0"
>                  reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
>           <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                      prefix="ship_pix_log." suffix=".txt"
>               timestamp="true"/>
>         </Context>

Where is the 'ship_pix' directory and what does it contain?

Are you sure that the context is starting?  Any errors in catalina.out,
or in the context log files on startup, or right after you get the 404?

My money is on a config problem.  Personally I do not mess with
server.xml other than to change the hostname and port number.  So if I
had to debug this problem locally, I would put server.xml back the way
it was, put the contexts directly under 'webapps' and watch the logs
closely.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.