Give a bit more info of your environment.
(OS, Apache version, Tomcat version, which connector mod_jserv or mod_jk)
In which file is the error reported ? Is there more information available
in the log ? (With the informations you provided it's just guesswork,
to decide if that's an error of apache, the connector, tomcat or some thing
outside.

It may be an error in your JVM or a native library.

- Look if there is a newer version for your jdk
- If not (or if it doesn't change anything)
  try the JDK of a different vendor.