Chris,
Thanks for your help

I use few beans within a page.
And if there is any class cast exceptions during the compilaion of  that jsp
I will get a that specific class cast exception not necessarily the jsp file
class. More over it doesn't happen specific to a jsp page.
As I said, I am only getting this error occasionally.
Every time I change my PRContext bean class the tomcat throws this
exception. And we have to restart it. Some time for nor reason (probably a
configuration error) tomcat holds onto the older version of the bean class.
As you suggested I suspected an application fault at the beginning and
traced the java file. It looks fine.
the line number indicates a problem about page forwarding.

if (true) {
    String __url = (String) "lobCountryView.jsp";
    // Forward to the above url
    out.clear();
    pageContext.forward( __url);
    return;
   }

I can't spot anything.
If there is an error why work in the first place.

At the moment application seems to work fine. (Since I am not modifying the
bean class)
I intend to get into this more detaily soon.
If you have any thought on this please share it.

Thanks again
Uthay