Thanks again Randall and Henry for your reply... appreciate that!

When I try http://my_web_server/abc, it shows "HTTP 400-Bad Request"
BUT when I try http://my_web_server/pqr, it shows "HTTP 404 - File Not Found"
BUT when I try http://my_web_server, it works fine...which means that APACHE IS NOT SENDING THE REQUEST to TOMCAT....wonder why.

I've added workers.properties in my conf directory on Web Server.
I also have MOD_JK.CONF file there.

--------------------
WORKERS.PROPERTIES
--------------------
worker.list=ajp13
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=102.103.103.1
#the above is IP of my App Server
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13

--------------------
mod_jk.conf
--------------------
 Include "conf/mod_jk.conf"
 JkWorkersFile "conf/workers.properties"
 Include "conf/mod_jk.conf"
 JkLogFile "logs/mod_jk.log"
 JkLogLevel debug
 JkMount /examples ajp13
 JkMount /examples/* ajp13
 JkMount /abc ajp13
 JkMount /abc/* ajp13

--------------------
HTTPD.CONF
--------------------

From: "Randall Svancara" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Hari Om" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Apache+Tomcat + MOD_JK on different machine
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:21:36 -0700

Your workers.properties should be on your webserver where apache is located. I typically place the workers.properties in the same directory where httpd.conf is located.

workers.properties is needed for mod_jk so it makes sense that it needs to be in the same machine where mod_jk and apache are installed. At least far as I know anyways. Sometimes apache has a difficult time finding it. I have used this line to tell apache where to find the workers.properties. You might try
including a line like this in your apache configuration file:

<IfModule mod_jk.c> JkSet config.file /etc/apache2/conf/workers.properties Include /etc/apache2/conf/mod_jk2.conf </IfModule>

If anyone else has anything to add to this or correct me on, please feel free because I am still learning to, but then again who isn't??
I hope that helps.