Try putting it in WEB-INF instead of META-INF

Adam.

-----Original Message-----
From: White, Joshua A (HTSC, CASD) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 March 2004 12:45
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: context.xml - what's the secret?

Hello all,

Let me first say that I am using Tomcat 4.1.30 and have an existing
application that is working properly.  I decided that I would like to
explore putting the context element for my web application in a
myWebapp/META-INF/context.xml file instead of in my server.xml file.  The
existing configuration currently works and defines both a dbcp connection
pool and a mail session.

After removing this context element from my server.xml file and placing it
into the context.xml file, my application no longer works.  What did I miss?
I am using the ant install and deploy tasks to deploy/install this simple
application.

I receive the following exception (keep in mind that my previous
configuration works and that my JDBC driver is in the common/lib dir):

org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of
class '' for connect URL 'null', cause:
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getDriver(DriverManager.java:243)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.jav
a:743)
        at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:5
18)
        at hibernateapp.DBTest.init(DBTest.java:24)
.
.
.

Regards,

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all
copies.

This email and any files attached is intended for the addressee only and may contain
information that is confidential and/or legally privileged. Unauthorised use is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, you should not
read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, including any attachment, except
for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

We make every effort to keep our network free from viruses. However, you do need to
verify this e-mail and any attachments to it to be virus free as we can take no
responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way of this e-mail.

Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed by SurfControl
E-mail Filter software in conjunction with virus detection software.