Ok, here's a quick overview of "single-sign-on" applications. It's prevalent in large
platforms and large corporations.

Say for example you're a bank and you have several branches. Each branch has their own
IT department and divisions. The pages users can view depend on their level of access
privledge.  In the typical single-sign-on application I am familiar with, the user
only has to sign on once. Normally this is done with LDAP or some kind of directory
server. Basically, the database (rdbms or ldap) contains information about what pages,
sites and privledges the user has.

User joe signs on to the bank, but he also has an account with the IRA retirement
department of the bank. When Joe clicks on the link to see his IRA, it automatically
sends a kerberos like session token to the other system and redirects the user. To
Joe, it all looks seamless, but in reality he has been transferred from one system to
another. User bob signs on to see his account, but if Bob doesn't have an IRA account
the system directs him to sign up for an IRA.

It sounds like you don't need this level of complexity, but the principle is the same.
There are n pages, each with privledge requirements. If your pages already have the
notion of access privledges, the authentication portion becomes very simple. Otherwise
retrofitting the website becomes a tedious process. I hope that helps.

 peter

"Angelov, Rossen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll consider the HttpSession as an option and will implement sorting to see
if it work for us.

I'm not sure what you mean by single-sign-on application but our
authentication system uses a eRights, a product of eMETA, to authenticate
users and give access only to certain resources (usually pages) based on the
product and the policy information. Each http session is related to an
eRights session.

Ross