Hi,
Thanks a lot for the information. I am using java 1.4.1_02 .

> I force the GC to run so that the memory is freed.

No. You can not. You can tell the system, that it should. You cannot
enforce
it.

I ask the System to the GC. Sorri for the wrong interpretation.

We are pretty soon moving to tomcat5.0.19. But it will take some time.
Until then I don't to see outofmemory errors. I guess I should ask the
System to run the GC .

Regarding memory leaks, I realize that I need to use a profiler . I will
do it .
Thanks again
shyam