From: Emerson Cargnin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 4:28 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Connecting the HTTP Server and Tomcat

You said you can connect through port 8009 through the browser???
The jk protocol is not http, so if the configuration was allright you
can't connect through 8009 as http. Maybe the error is at your
server.xml...

Wilson, Allen wrote:
> Thanks but this is on a Windows system and will not help...I am on a
> Solaris and I have looked at documents like this before and they still
> do not give me a definitive way of setting everything and testing
it...

> Right now I have the HTTP server (port 80), Tomcat (port 8080), and
the
> connector (8009) running. I even looked at the netstat to see if each
> port was available...and they were.
>
> When a do the home page request (http://myserver.com) it works
> fine...but if I request the page for the Jetspeed Portal
> (http://myserver.com/portal), I get an error. If I request the portal
> page through port 8080 it works fine. If I request the same page on
8009
> it works fine.
>
> In all cases there were no entries in my mod_jk.log.
>
> I am looking for something that will outline the steps for me on a
> Solaris machine or at least give me a better way to diagnose what I am
> doing wrong....

Tomcat
> together. I am using HTTP Server 2.0.48 and Tomcat-4.1.18 on a Sun
> Solaris
> machine. I think I have everything in place but when the only way I
can
> reach the Tomcat stuff is my specifying the port number in the URL.
>
> Can someone point me in the direction of some "How to connect Apache
and
> Tomcat for Dummies" instructions that will provide me some clear steps
> and
> methods for checking everything out.
>
> Thanks...and any help is appreciated.
>
> Allen

> This message may contain proprietary or confidential company
information.
> Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited.

Emerson Cargnin
Analista de Sistemas
Setor de Desenvolvimento de Sistemas - TRE-SC
tel : (048) - 251-3700 - Ramal 3181