Hello,

Due to the increased volume of SPAM this mailbox has been closed.

Please contact us via http://www.directxtras.com/ContactUS.asp

We apology for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
--
The DirectXtras Team
DirectXtras - Xtra Power for Director and Authorware -

Your message reads:

Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 08:56:44 -0500
From: QM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Struts with Tomcat and Apache

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 12:24:11PM +0200, Ralf Schneider wrote:
: No, I'm not new to Tomcat. I've some experiences with it together with
: Apache2. My job is to move a project using these two players towards Struts.
: So, one requirement is that the basic infrastructure remains as it is.

Understood.  My idea to start with just Tomcat was to help you get the
Tomcat+Struts up and running before putting Apache in the picture.  It
wasn't a suggestion to go to production w/o Apache, if the app needs it.

: I know. And as John suggested, I also read a book (in german) about Struts,
: but it only explains how to use it with Tomcat without Apache.

I suppose, then, I don't understand your question.

What sort of specific problems have you run into?

Admittedly, it's been a while since I've done a struts setup from scratch,
but I don't recall anything special about putting Apache in front.  -that
is, nothing special beyond what you'd do for putting Apache in front of any
webapp (i.e. mod_jk or jk2 configuration).

Assuming you have all of the prerequisite JAR files -- and I think there's
a version of struts-blank.war that includes them -- then you just drop the
WAR file into Tomcat's webapps/ dir and it runs.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net
tech news -- http://www.RoarNetworX.com