From: Nibler Jeff R. (PDX1JRN) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 2. mars 2001 22:30
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Relative Pathing and SSL

Hello all, I'm having an interesting problem persisting an SSL
connection
with my Java servlets.  I am using Windows NT/IIS with Tomcat acting
only as
the servlet container (with the isapi_redirect.dll).  Everything works
fine
except when I need to re-direct a user from the servlet back to any
other
page.  When that happens, for some reason it sets the url to http
instead of
https and then adds a colon with port 443 following the url (which is
obviously the port that it should be on, only automatically using the
https
prefix).

Example:
Should be: https://www.myserver.com/Test.htm
Instead it gives: http:www.myserver.com:443/Test.htm

I have no idea why this is happening.  I can't find any methods for the
HttpServletResponse object that allows me to set the communication
protocol
etc etc.  Here is the line of code that I'm using:
response.sendRedirect("../../Test.htm");
Notice I am using a relative path.  If I use this instead.....
response.sendRedirect("https://www.myserver.com/Test.htm");
then it works.  I hate to hard code the url like that though because I
have
a development server and a production server.  I'm at a loss.  Anyone?

Jeff