An easier method would be to use SecurityFilter
(http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/). There is an example web
application (actually several web apps) bundled with the software. Just
look at the code and I think you'll find it fairly straightforward to
implement what you want.

--
"There is nothing so absurd but some philosopher has said it."
                -- Marcus Tullius Cicero