thanks Yoav..

Actually The Thread hang was a DB problem and i confused with this log msg..

sudhakar

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2004 6:28 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: HttpProcessor Problem - Starting background thread

Hi,

>2004-04-16 13:43:41 HttpProcessor[8080][6] Starting background thread
>
>What does this mean? Please can any  tell me the scenarios it could
happen

It means there was sufficient concurrent load on the server that it
needed to start another processing threads, and that less than the
maximum number of threads for connector were already started, so it went
ahead and started another.

>Can i do some thing before or after  this event is called, like
pesisting
>the objects???

Only if you want to write some very tomcat-specific code, and you don't.
This is not a highly significant event in terms of resources, just
another thread, and the 6th (or 7th) one at that so it's not even a high
load scenario.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

                Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com