We have recently upgraded from Tomcat 4.1.10 to Tomcat 5.0.19 and we are now
getting every now and again we are getting HTTP requests to our servlets
with no parameters.  We use POST to send parameters, and this only ever
happened before for users who used certain browsers on Mac OS (prior to Mac
OSX).

Another interesting thing is that the problem only occurs on browsers using
the Microsoft Java VM.  The Sun VM works fine every time.

Has there been a change in the method a POST request is done in a Java
client for the latest version of Tomcat.

Regards,

Anthony Jones
Senior Programmer (Applications and Development)
Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC) Ltd

Phone: +61 7 38581285
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  "If a train station is where the train stops,
           what is a work station?"

This email (including all attachments) may contain personal information and is
intended solely for the named addressee. It is confidential and may be subject to
legal or other professional privilege. Any confidentiality or privilege is not waived
or lost because this email has been sent to you by mistake. If you have received it in
error, please let us know by reply email, delete it from your system and destroy any
copies.

This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted
or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. Any personal
information in this email must be handled in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998
(Cth).

Email, and any attachments, may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or
other defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems. We give no
warranties in relation to these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity
of an email purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.