Use the uri property in workers2.properties instead of using JkUriSet.
I do it that way and have no such problems:
[uri:www.guidestar.org/*.jsp]
group=lbWWW
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/*.adp]
group=lbWWW
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/*.inc]
group=lbWWW
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/servlet/*]
group=lbWWW
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/*.gs]
group=lbWWW
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/*.wga]
group=lbWWW
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/*.flexi]
group=lbWWW

[uri:de.SITENAME.org/*.jsp]
group=ajp13:web02DE:8019
[uri:de.SITENAME.org/*.inc]
group=ajp13:web02DE:8019
[uri:de.SITENAME.org/servlet/*]
group=ajp13:web02DE:8019

I used to have the following but then I decided to let apache serve the
static content.
[uri:www.SITENAME.org/*]
group=lbWWW

--Angus