Hi,

I'm running Tomcat 5.0.19 and I configured a JDBC realm. Everything works
fine.

Now instead of going to j_security_check to authenticate a user, I would
like to go to my own servlet that would:

1 - Authenticate the user

2 - Do some other tasks before going to the next page (like loading user
information,.).

One way would be to extend the Realm and implement my own realm. What I
would like to do is to extend j_security_check implemantation

Now I could not figure out where to find j_security_check code. I thought
this would be a servlet of some kind. Does anyone know where I should look
at? Do you know any good books that explain how to extend realms with Tomcat
and how j_security_check works?

Thanks.

Richard