On 04/21/2004 10:27 PM Alan Weissman wrote:
I've written a simple login module that I've configured to run from a
Struts Action class and it appears to be working wonderfully -
authentication takes place and principal/credentials are returned.
However, I can't get any of this information back when I call
isUserInRole and getUserPrinical. How can I store the
principals/credentials with the server such that these methods will
start returning the appropriate information?

Or does authentication need to take place via a Realm for these methods
to work?

Hi Alan,
You need to get tomcat to run the login automatically when your users try to access URLs protected by security-constraints declared in the deployment descriptor web.xml.

Adam
--
struts 1.2 + tomcat 5.0.19 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 Debian