Hi,
Your shutdown error means tomcat was already not running (or more
precisely, not listening on the server shutdown socket, 8005 by
default).

Shut down tomcat.  Make sure it's shut down using the ps command to show
its java process is gone.  Clear out your logs.  Start tomcat.  Look at
the logs for error messages.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.