Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,

Sun 1.4.2
IBM 1.4.1
Bea 1.4.2 (JRockit)

Which one would be better?
I am running RH Enterprise Linux 3 on a Dell PowerEdge 1655MC: dual
1.4Ghz PIII and 2GB of RAM.

The reason people cite for shifting away from the Sun JVM are
performance-oriented.  The problems cited with others often revolve
around bad stability.  So if you want stability (which I think is the
case for a service host), start out using the Sun JDK.

BTW, I'm not convinced on the performance front either, so definitely
IMHO start with the Sun JDK.

Yoav

This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged. This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else. If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your computer system and notify the sender. Thank you.

I agree with Yoav. I find Sun to be the better of all the JVMs I have tried in both cases: performance and stability. If someone can show me something working and prove their points, then I'll have reason to believe, but from my own experiences Sun's VM is usually less buggy and runs very well and the others including IBM and Blackdown don't really compare (at least on Intel and Linux anyways).

Wade