As I understand it, the RemoteAddrValve works on the address
of the client (browser) not of the webserver.

I'm not using mod_jk. Back in the old days of mod_jserv
there was a property ApJServSecretKey to protect a jserv
instance from unauthorized access. I'm not shure if this
feature survived in one way or another.

One solution would be to limit the access to the tomcat port
by a software firewall.

BTW (On which os are you working ?)