Eric Noel wrote:
> On 5/3/2004 4:26 PM, Honza Spurný wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'have been trying to set the classpath of the webapp out of the
>> directory of this webapp. This is for me little important, since
>> some classes I'd like to use (I have to use) in other webapps. I
>> want to have only one file of this class -- I don't want to copy
>> classes between the webapps.
>>
>> I'm sure it is possible to do it, as I need it, but I don't know
>> how. Would be anybody so kind and help me with this?
>>
>> I would also like to "export" the lib directory of webapp out of the
>> webapp directory so that the shared libaries could be presented as
>> file only once. This is probably the same problem as above.
>>
>> Could anybody help me? Thanks a lot.
>>
>> Best Regards.
>> Honza Spurny

> $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib - jars
> $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes - classes

After I did so, tomcat stops to work at all. Should I set some settings in
tomcat or what is wrong, does anybody know about it. The error that occures
is "java.lnag.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.setAwait(boolean).

Only things I did are:
- in the common directory I've created "src" directory
- into the src dir I've copied all shared java-sourced classes
- i've compiled them into the common/classes directory
- i've copied some shared libaries into the common/lib
- i've removed whole directory webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF/classes/ (classes
direcotry is still presented, but it is almost empty -- except the
messageResources files -- these were leaved in the original space)
- i've restarted tomcat
- errors occures

Please can anybody help.

Thanks a lot