Sorry man I didnt think it was the right time or place
to go into some kind of rant about the sun jdk.  But
here was what I was seeing with the sun jdk.  When
connecting straight to tomcat not using mod_jk.  I
would open up 6 of any type of browser on my desktop,
all of them opening the same jsp page.  I would begin
refreshing each 1, one by one.  I would notice that
the first 4 would refresh, but any page after that
would just sit and wait for the first 4 to finish.  NO
MATTER what the JSP page did.  It didnt matter if the
jsp page did or did not connect to the database.  We
had pages that did nothing but a bubble sort, still
the same problem.  But we didnt have any problems like
that at all with jrockit.  And jrockit has the jmeter
tool to help me do better benchmarks.   So my opinion
is sun jdk is slow.  You havent notice this problem
with the sun jdk on linux?