Also, do these attributes need to be set on the HttpConnector on 8080 as well as the AJP or Coyote connector on 8009?

Daniel Gibby wrote:

I can understand how that could help, is there a different syntax for maxSpareThreads for tomcat4 than tomcat5?

I see minProcessors and maxProcessors in my configuration, but nothing about minSpareThreads or maxSpareThreads

I'm using tomcat 4.1.30

Daniel

Randall Svancara wrote:

You might want to check to make sure you have enough tomcat threads for
each apache thread.
I usually give tomcat a few more threads than apache just to make sure I
do not run out. -------snip----------------

<!-- Define a Coyote/JK2 AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009 -->
<Connector port="8009" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
minSpareThreads="100" maxSpareThreads="300"
protocol="AJP/1.3" />

So you might want to increase min and max spare threads to accomodate
more requestes from apache to tomcat via mod_jk.
Randall