Hi all,

I've got a strange problem: Tomcat 4 does not use the new class or jar files
I give it. Of course I restarted Tomcat, I even rebooted Windows.

There is no way to make Tomcat use the new files. A colleage once had the
same problem. After he had deleted the old class file, Tomcat reported a
ClassNotFoundEx or so. Then he put the new class file - and guess what:
Tomcat used the old one again. The colleage actually solved the problem by
booting the Unix machine Tomcat ran on. Unfortunately even this does not
work in my case now.

Has anyone realized similar problems and does know what to do?
Does Tomcat have some kind of caching directory? Or could it be the JVM that
does some caching, in my case "1.4.2_02" from Sun?

Thanks in advance.

Andreas