It seems there isn't. Well, Ok, there's a server.dtd that comes with the
distribution. Sadly, Tomcat never checks it out, since server.xml
includes a lot of evil stuff in the form of non-standard XML elements.

By this I mean that each Interceptor needs its own set of XML elements,
and that cannot be taken into account if it needs to remain open.
Tomorrow you may write a new Interceptor, it may need new XML elements,
and so the DTD cannot include any possible

It should be possible to change it, but it's a rather huge modification.
See the following thread for details:

 http://archives2.real-time.com/pipermail/tomcat-users/2001-January/020801.html

Un saludo,

Alex.