From: Filip Hanik - Dev [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 May 2004 16:48
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: log4j logging in Tomcat WAS: Clustering with 5.0.19

you need to enable it at the logger level,
the code is currently logging with Log.info/Log.debug etc

You can make is use log4j and do it using the log4j conf file
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/guide.html

To make some simple steps, I remember there was thread on this last week,
not sure if they got it to work so here are the steps, let me know if you
have problems

1. Download latest log4j package
2. Put the log4j-1.2.8.jar (or whatever name it is) in your
$CATALINA_HOME/bin
3. In catalina.sh/catalina.bat add the log4j to the system classpath
4. in catalina.sh/catalina.bat, on the top add the JAVA_OPTS setting like
this
JAVA_OPTS="-Dlog4j.debug -Dlogj4.configuration=$CATALINA_HOME/bin/log4j.prop
erties"
5. Put your log4j.properties file in CATALINA_HOME/bin

of course, if you are on windows you will need to change / for \ and $ for
%%
but I am sure you can figure that for yourself :)

Filip