Hi Nikola ,

I know what you mean. It is very alarming when you need to install a veritable sh*tload of packages just to get one small connector built.;) This was one of my gripes about Red Hat initially, but now I've learned to tolerate and even love it. ;)

Regards,
pascal chong

Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

Chong Yu Meng wrote:

Hi Andrew !

Clute, Andrew wrote:

If it is channelUnix, I just now need to figure out this crazy
'undefined symbols: apr_md5_final' error.

I wrote a document for compiling mod_jk2 on Fedora Core 1, in which I specified the necessary packages, one of which is the APR libraries. You can find the document here : http://www.connecties.com/cymulacrum/tomcat5/book1.html

I have managed to compile it on Mandrake. It required not just libapr and libapr-util, but libgdbm and libpcre. I've seen reports that on some platforms, it needed even more (one lib required another, etc), the list of libs grew to some 10 libraries. It takes some personal persistance to wade through it all - link, try, read error report, locate the library holding the %$#$#%@ function, goto STEP_ONE,...

Nix.